Jazz Night Clubs
Jazz is a musical tradition and style of music that started at the beginning of the 20th century in African American communities in the Southern United States from a confluence of African and European music traditions. From its early start untilnow, jazz has incorporated music from 19th and 20th century American popular music. Jazz clubs are mostly upscale events where both men and women dress classy and over the top.
1.Dress in formal, evening attire. The basics include: darker colors (maroon instead of red), dresses, heeled-shoes and "up-do" hairstyles.
2.Wear a knee-length dress with elaborate hemlines. These dresses tend to be of dark colors and leave the arms and shoulders bare. Strapless and spaghetti strap dresses are common.
3.Find some high-heeled shoes with thin, stiletto style heels. Mary Jane ankle strap shoes and shoes with buckles or bows are classic jazz fashion choices. Sequin and diamante trims are common, too.
4.Research some style tips from the "flapper" fashion of the twenties. Short hair is still a common hairstyle in jazz circles today
1. Wear dark, neutral colored slacks. The slacks should be slim fitting and worn high on the waist. Black, gray and pinstripe are all acceptable colors.
2. Put on a white undershirt. Dancing to jazz will tire you out. It might possibly make you sweat. An undershirt is necessary.
3. Buy a dress shirt. Jazz style shirts are button up, slim fitting and generally of a white or cream color. Tuck the shirt into your slacks.
4. Wear dress shoes when you go on a jazz outing. Black "wingtip" dress shoes are the most common footwear. Black and white two-tone spectator shoes are also favorites.
5. Try a vest. Vests are not necessary and they are not for everybody, but if you find a vest that fits well and you can pull it off, you will find that it looks very hep.
6. Put on a tight, single-breasted blazer. The blazer should be black, gray or white, depending on your outfit as a whole. The more classic the blazer looks, the better.